Insurance and Billing
Your physician’s office will provide us with your insurance and contact information prior to your arrival at our surgery center. An insurance verifier from our business office will then call your insurance carrier and confirm that the appropriate authorization for surgery was received.
Depending on when we receive your insurance information, we will either send you a written letter detailing your insurance benefits and estimated financial responsibility, or call you to review your benefits over the phone. You are always welcome to call our business office directly with any additional questions: 650.324.0600.
The surgery center fee covers the use of our facility, nurses and staff, and any equipment or medications you may use during your visit with us. Please be aware that you may also receive bills from:
- Associated Anesthesiologists – for your anesthesiologist’s fee
- Your physician – professional fee for performing your surgery
- Pathology – if a specimen was sent out for examination
- Radiologist – if an ultrasound or x-ray was sent out for examination
- Implants – If your doctor requests implants, you will also receive a bill from a third-party implant vendor, typically Access Mediquip. Your doctor should have discussed with you that an implant would be required in advance of your surgery.
Your estimated financial responsibility is due on the day of surgery, so please be aware of your co-pay and/or deductible amounts. Waverley recognizes its obligation to remain flexible in financial matters. In the event that any of the above conditions cannot be met, please contact us prior to your procedure so that we can set up other financial arrangements.
The Cost of Your Procedure
Because you are responsible for costs for covered healthcare services until you reach your deductible, you should comparison shop if you elect to have a nonemergency procedure.
You can use tools like Healthcare Bluebook and the Medicare Procedure Price Lookup (for Medicare patients). Many health insurance websites also provide information on where to find in-network services.